Centre on Endocrine Disrupters is an interdisciplinary scientific network without walls. The main purpose of the Centre is to build and gather new knowledge on endocrine disrupters with the focus on providing information requested for the preventive work of the regulatory authorities. It will also be the task of the Centre to point out important knowledge gaps and provide recommendations for future knowledge building initiatives.
Centre on Endocrine Disrupters was first established in December 2008. For the period 2010-2013 it was financed under the Danish Action Plans on Chemicals 2010-2013 and a continuation of the Centre until end of 2017 is secured under the Danish Action Plans on Chemicals 2014-2017.
The main activities of the Centre are:
- Planning and coordination of studies related to endocrine disrupters
- Scientific counselling of the authorities on matters related to endocrine disrupters
- Information to the authorities about new relevant national and international knowledge on endocrine disrupters
- Organisation of annual information meetings
- Coordination of the Copenhagen Workshops on Endocrine Disrupters (COW)